Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Health Goals

 
Jack LaLanne is someone who has inspired me ever since I found out who he was.  I found him during a time in my life when I went absolutely crazy with fitness and healthy eating.  Even though I didn't know what I was doing I eventually got in the best shape of my life.  I was slim, healthy, flexible, and athletic.

After another kid, 2 semesters of college and student teaching, and being a first year teacher I can say that it didn't last...

I grew up in a small town and went to a school where I could be in almost every elective they offered.  Throughout my life I have been in any of the following activities: baseball, soccer, basketball, football, bowling, and track.  Wait, bowling isn't a sport... :)

So I guess you could say that I've stayed active over most of my childhood.  Since I started college, though, things just haven't been the same.  I've finally come to understand why people yo-yo through this whole "Being Healthy" thing.  With a wife, kids, a dog, a pool, yada yada yada, it's tough.  But I've done it before so I know I can do it again.  Plus, I don't have a choice.  If I want to succeed in a military career I need to be physically fit.  Not to mention I know it's one of the best things I can do for my family.

Here are my goals for 2012:
  1. Score a 90 or above on the AFPT before I go to OTS (Hopefully early 2013)
  2. Run a 1.5 mile in less than 9 minutes
  3. Have a body fat percentage of 6% or less by new years 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment