Sunday, January 8, 2012

Running

Today I ran my first "all out" mile and a half since November...It wasn't very good.  You lose a lot after being away from running for a couple months.  You can follow my running activities on Runkeeper.

When I was in high school my best sport was track.  I grew up on a farm and so I grew up in a small school.  Of course there are pros and cons to that, but one of the greatest things for me was that I was able to be in EVERYTHING!  I played football, basketball, soccer, baseball, and track.  I'm not athletically built (short and a little on the puny side), so I had a hard time being the star of any team sport.  Track was different.  I was able to make Varsity my sophomore year in the 400m, 800m, and 4X400m.

So I'm not bad at short/middle distances.  Running a 1.5 mile is a bit of a long distance run for me.  I'm trying to keep it at a good pace, though, so that I can be in the 8 minute club one day.

Today I ran a 1.5 mile in 10:53.  My best was a 9:51 a few months ago.  My 1st goal is to get back to under 10 minutes.  My ultimate goal is to be under 9 minutes...Here's to wishful thinking.


No comments:

Post a Comment